Satellite
  • Day 31

    All aboard for Victoria, BC

    September 1, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Today, we regrettably left Whistler, with a promise to return when the White stuff is plentiful.

    We needed to scoot back towards Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay for our ferry to the capital city of British Colombia, Victoria, located on Vancouver Island.

    On the way, we had a few very nice stops for some hikes and waterfall views. We caught Paul napping on therailway tracks, and just couldn't resist. Was ok, his insurance is paid up.

    The ferry was a pleasant 100 minutes or so, in glorious sunshine. We saw a whale being here by a whale watching boats, before it disappeared.

    Arriving at Departure Bay at Nanaimo, we had to drive the 100 km to Victoria to catch our hosts for ourapartment for a few days...

    The apartment was brilliantly located, one one of four. We got The African Suite, which was large and lovely, and does, decorated fitting with the name. We also had access to industrial washing machines! Luxury!!!

    On recommendation of our host, we tried a local restaurant, called The Heron Bistro. Delightful! I had the best piece of Sockeye Salmon, truly perfectly cooked and delicious. I paired that with an apple cider that was enormous! Felt no pain!
    Read more