Satellite
  • Day 35

    Assumption of Mary

    August 15, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We are in Cambarro of the feast of the Assumption of Mary - We don’t attend the celebratory masses but we do enjoy the bangers/ flares they let off at the pier to celebrate. They go off numerous times over several days. We try and figure out a sequence or timing but it seems fairly random so I jump with fright plenty of times as they are let off really close by. Colm makes a great sport of collecting the deprise sticks from the water and has subsequently made weapons with them. We are only delighted to have them spinning around in the small space we inhabit on Régal.
    We spend four days in Cambarro marina, mixing boat business and pleasure. There is a laundrette and supermarket beyond the old town which we visit frequently. We go up the hill with bags of dirty laundry passing the walking tours and day trippers and come back down with a trolley full of shopping and wet laundry - Glamorous it ain’t.
    There is a beach within 5 minutes walk as well a nice cafe with internet and the town is small enough for Ruby and Colm to navigate on their own. It is nice for everyone to go and pursue their own happiness when the jobs are done.
    Read more