Satellite
  • Day 210

    Tom and Co

    February 6, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Tom, Orla, Tom, Fionn and Lena fly out to see us and we spend their first two nights in Cartagena. The kids all have a go sleeping on the boat while Tom and Orla stay in an apartment nearby. We all do the highlights tour of Cartagena which we have discovered can be covered in a day.
    The next day we drive to Andalusia to Plym’s house in the valley of Lecrin where the four us had spent a week in November. The house, which is over three floors is perfect for the two families. The kids sleep on the basement floor which has access to the garden. They set up their playroom there and build camps and make lots of paper airplanes.
    A major attraction is all ripe oranges and lemons in the garden and surrounding countryside. A juicing station is set up in the kitchen and there is a flow of children from the orange trees to the juicer. They make it, drink it and spill it and make some more. In the five days they consume their annual recommended dose of vitamin C.
    Although the young cousins are very happy just hanging around and playing together, we have an outing most days. One day Tom and Orla go into Granada city and later I drive the boys in the other car and we meet up in the Sierra Nevada ski resort for tobogganing. We bring our own shovel sledges and also rent better quality two person sledges from the enterprising African street vendors at the bottom of the ski run. We have a great time and after a meal drive down the mountain and are back in Plym’s house in just over an hour.
    …more of Tom’s trip on the next footprint…
    Read more