Satellite
  • Day 290

    Deja vu in Espalmador

    April 27, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Our second round of days spend in Espalmador passed us all by in a blissful haze. The weather was somewhat mixed, but a damp boat did not dampen our spirts!
    We had multiple different neighbours over the course of our stay, ranging from music-blasting giants to day tripping RIBs. A Scottish yacht by the name of Aphrodite had drinks on the beach with us one night, and as the adults talked, the kids made ludicrous sand-based constructions.
    There was plenty of cooking done during our stay, with us making white yeast bread, blue-iced cupcakes and a delicious chickpea tart one night for dinner. (Courtesy of Margaret)
    We swam daily, sometimes with and sometimes without wetsuits. In the middle of the day, when the temperature was at its max, you could have stayed in for hours! The water was beautifully clear, and just splendid to muck around in.
    On our first stay, about a week beforehand, the beach was white and sparkling as far as the eye could see. However, this was not the case this time around! The rough weather that we hid from in Ibiza marina had not been absent here. About two thirds of the beach was now covered in a layer of dead sea grass! When you walked through it, up to your knees would be covered without your foot even touching the ground.

    Notes: This chapter was written by ruby ^_^
    Read more