Satellite
  • Day 5

    Leicester Sqaure, Lego and Theatre

    December 14, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    Ok so the jet lag is still a big issue for the boys but hopefully tonight will be better. This morning they were up at 1am and didn’t go back to sleep!

    This morning we set off for Leicester Square to go to the halftix office to see what was available for the theatre today. I discovered that there are no matinees on a Friday! So louise and Vern are heading out tonight to see Aladdin which was Lou’s choice. I knew the boys wouldn’t last when they were up at 1am so I will look after them.

    Vern purchased tickets online for Windsor Castle for tomorrow, only to discover you need to swap your online confirmation, for tickets at the office at victoria station. So much for buying online so you didn’t have to go to an office. So off we went to Victoria station to get out tickets and organise the train tickets as well. We had lunch in a stunning old English pub with an awesome atmosphere. I could have sat there all day but that wasn’t going to happen with the boys. Food was fantastic and chatted to a few people as well.

    It was cold today but ok whilst you were walking, it just seemed to seep into you if you stood still for too long. With no sun today, the Christmas lights were beautiful everywhere, cause the light was so low it felt light twilight, all day. I tried to take photos of the ones at Leicester Square, cause they were hanging from the tree and look magnificent, but it doesn’t show up in the photos too well.

    Louise saw some sparkly doc martins in a shop window and tried to convince me she needed them, but no I did not buy them.

    The boys absolutely loved the big LEGO store and the M & M store. Al I thought of you when I spotted the M & M Christmas onesie! Oh and Kyles, those horrible Christmas jumpers that the Americans love, are everywhere here. Stores full of them and lots of people wearing them. Saw a guy in the pub today in one with flashing Christmas lights!

    Tomorrow we are off to Windsor with our friend Pete and his son Theo.
    Read more