Satellite
  • Day 6

    Trinidad

    May 24, 2018 in Mexico ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    Ok so it's the favourite place of Cuba for me! So pretty, colourful, colonial, clean.....little cobbled side streets & a central square with the biggest stairway to host dancing, drinking, generally hanging out. We have 3 nights here so a good time soak it up.
    We kick off with a salsa lesson to really get into the rhythm of Cuba! It's the basics but was good fun as a group & we put our steps to the test in the evening with a local live band. Emily & Harry loved to put some flare in & the split matching outfit went down a treat! 😂. Id genuinely liked to have learnt more....maybe in the UK! Felt like a good time to try that Cuban cigar....I genuinely quite liked it. I did think it was going to be gross & stink like an old man, but wasn't the case.
    Less traditional Salsa but more a club version came later when we went to an actual Cave Club! It's a first. It's very cool as it's a big dark Cave, lit by DJ lights and it's huge, probably one of those you have to be there moments!....however the sweaty betty was real that night!😅
    The horse trek!....one of my favourite things so far. My horse was one of the guides so he was on form, however others were less so!! 😂. It was a beautiful walk/trot through the lush green & being remote from the bustle of town was lovely. A half way stop is the waterfall, thank God because again the heat & humidity here puts sweating at another level!! Finished soacked as the rain hit us & with a sore ass!
    Read more