Satellite
  • Day 13

    Havana were back!

    May 31, 2018 in Belize ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    So we're back in Havana to finish the tour! The rain is pretty consistent so it's becoming a bit of a battle to head out with enthusiasm now, were ready for a break from it! But hey travelling isn't always perfect so we persevere. We transferred from the tours casa to an air bnb.....unfortunately not to plan! The timings and communication got a but muddled (no Wi-Fi or calls make it a bit rustic!) So upshot is we ended up sitting on the front porch of the new casa for over 2hrs in surprisingly some serious heat! Not rain. One plus. We had a cute old man (like from the film up) who talked to us for ages, a walk out to a local bakery to bring back some very cheap cakes to the porch and an emergency toilet drama which we can't talk about! 😂. Eventually the neighbour who potentially was in the whole time 🙄 wakes from a siesta and let's us in. It's a modern place that has the basics, except hot water which Maj goes into Maj mode and chases down the owner asap! It's fixed.
    We finish in Havana with a very cool drinks and dinner in an old oil factory after a canny 45min walk, a stroll through an art street (that we missed being lively on a Sunday due to the casa drama), and a visit to the history museum which was a great way to get a summary of how Cuba has come to where it is today. It's a very restricted country in many ways but they are also grateful of who they are and who brought them to this place. Our tour guide taught us so much with 'question time with Dyami' on the long bus trips.
    We head back to our fav breakfast place in a hostel down the road. The food is great all meals so this is the 4th time back. Cuba has proven to be quite repetitive with food as their local selection is limited, it's good, but limited! So we're ready for a change, hit me with some sun, tequila, nice hotel and tacos! Mexico here we come......
    (Take note of the Cuba passport control 'uniform'!!!!! 😬)
    Read more