Satellite
  • Day 71

    Camping Henry Knauber Trail 1165.6

    July 13, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    In the middle of the night Julia woke me up with news... She is now an aunt to the newborn Kyle Manuel Brown (Trailname "Gordito"). We are so happy and excited for her :)
    We took our time this morning because Julia needed to text with her family and I checked the nearby grocery store. Afterwards I checked on my lost passport. At night I remembered that the last time I saw it was at the post office in Harper's Ferry. So I just gave it a shot and I got lucky! It is there and they'll send it ahead to another post office :)
    The hike today was almost exclusively ridge walking on a bit rocky terrain. Nothing too hard but we didn't sleep very well so we were glad when we found a spot for our tent.

    So, finally as promised about our trail names, mine is Wombat. It was back in the Smokies when we talked to Mantis. She told us about her experiences in Australia and I told her about my favorite children's book, "Wombat stew".And I was chubbier then so Julia said that it should be my trail name :)
    Julias trail name is Autumn leaf because her name means something like pretty autumn in Mandarin and she is born in autumn.
    Most common misunderstood names for me:
    -Wombert
    -Wallaby

    For Julia:
    -Awesome leaf
    -Atom leaf
    Read more