Satellite
  • Day 98

    Camping Stratton-Arlington Rd 1633.2

    August 9, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Julias iPad got too cold so it turned off at night and we didn't have an alarm clock. When I'm in charge of the alarm clock it usually doesn't work and same today. So we went out of the tent at around 7:30 and then had a slow breakfast with a quick visit from Jon. It took us until almost 9 to get moving, so we couldn't expect a lot in terms of miles for the day. Especially when we stopped for lunch only three hours later at a shelter. But the stop was worth it, except for a great quality spring there was also a day hiker who gave us some dried peaches.
    There were many hikers on the trail today, it was almost a little crowded at springs, Shelters and Campsites. Looks like we made it into the bubble. The hike was moderate today, even though there were long uphill parts we still managed to make some miles.
    Just as we arrived at our today's goal, a Campsite, we were greeted by some trail magic. A fellow hiker who slackpacks some of his tramily did also some trail magic for the other hikers. The sodas and fruits were really a blessing at the end of the day.
    Read more