Satellite
  • Day 14

    Sapphire Coast

    April 22, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    After an early morning walk of two hours (in hope of finding Wallabies and especially Wombats) we drove a short 10 kilometers to the township of Narooma.
    Initially we just wanted to look at a hole in a rock formation that resembles Australia but in the end we stayed there for three hours. First we explored the local Sunday market where I finally got a hat. Then we checked the rock and the surrounding salt water pools. By chance we encountered a colony of Australian fur seals that were playing, relaxing and hunting close to the shore. I could spent hours watching them! Then an older lady from the area told us about some stingrays that live on the other side of the bay. That was an opportunity that can't be missed, so we were lucky to see these elegant swimmers in a safe yet close distance.
    For the afternoon we went to Eden - a lovely little harbour town famous for seafood and killer whales. The area is also famous for the cheeses, so we stopped at two occasions to have a cheese tasting. Its been some days since we were swimming in the sea so we did it at a beach close to Eden but both the water and outside temperatures start to get a bit chilly.

    For the night we stayed at an RV motorhome park that is currently unmanned and therefore free :) It also offers a bushwalk where we saw some wallabies roaming in the dusk.
    Read more