Satellite
  • Day 6

    Essaouira

    November 6, 2017 in Morocco ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Again we arrived late in our destination, the bus terminal was quite far outside of the medina where we had booked our hotel. So we walked about half an hour through the old, uneven streets before we finally managed to arrive at the hotel in a small, dark alley. But yet again we were surprised by the beautiful interior of old wooden floors and doors mixed with lots of green plants and colourfully painted walls. The room was spacious with two stories to sleep.
    After settling in we went out to get some falafel that were recommended by our hotel concierge. And they were really tasty with just the right spiciness. With new energy we decided to make a nightly walk down to the harbour district. The main plaza was still very lively and we enjoyed the views over the city with the glow of lanterns. Some live music was played nearby and we detected the source at a rooftop bar overlooking the harbour. We joined the crowd that was already there to get some beers and snacks. The music was really good so we had a blast there until late at night :)
    I'm the morning we took a pretty good but small breakfast in the hotel before hitting the streets again. As in every city here in Morocco we've been to before, there was a market and we got ourselves some snacks to make up for the breakfast ;) Afterwards we walked along the old walls that protect the city from the weather. At one point there was a lot cation that was used in the Game of Thrones series :) We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the city and spent more time in the alleys, markets and a restaurant than we had initially planned. But then we needed to get in the bus again for the journey to Casablanca...
    Read more