Satellite
  • Day 1

    Bangkok

    November 11, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We arrived at Bangkok Airport at the time we were a supposed to arrive initially, which means three hours before anything of interest opened. And we needed to deposit our luggage, so we waited for two hours until the baggage storage opened!! Relieved from the weight we headed straight to our hostel through the heat that was already starting early in the morning, but the room wasn't ready yet, so we dropped our stuff and went to the city! It was an magnificent feeling to be there amongst the traffic, people and food stalls. Everything felt different and new, a whole new exciting world to explore...
    First we just walked around the area to get an overview, then we took the taxi boat to the city to avoid the traffic. After arrival we walked up a temple that was a small oasis amongst the noise and pollution of the surrounding city. On the way to Khaosan Road were more temples to see :) They seem to be omnipresent. Khaosan Road is a famous spot for backpackers and binge drinking and apparently a must-see. It was a good stop for a night but personally I wouldn't stay there a lot longer... For the second day we had planned to visit the main sights of Bangkok, the Golden Palace, the reclining Buddha and Wat Arun. Quite a lot of sight seeing and walking but all the efforts were worth the views of these magnificent buildings and surroundings. Overall we made easily more than 20km that day!
    Later we took the night bus to Sukhothai.
    Read more