Satellite
  • Day 18

    We might not get out of the Opera House

    October 14, 2018 in Iceland ⋅ ⛅ 43 °F

    It's hard to find breakfast places...found one open early, called “Early Morning”. It is downtown, Sunday morning, no traffic and free parking. Jill had actual fried eggs and sausage. Then after driving looking for parking closer to the things we wanted to see, we came back to the same parking space and decided to walk.

    The sun came out and Les fell in love with their concert hall (Harpa). Luckily it is warm and I can sit. When we rented the car we rented a WiFi unit, which fits in my pocket. So I can navigate and look up places while walking as well as driving. By the time Les finished in the Harpa or concert hall it was lunch time.

    After lunch we went to the Settlement Center. Whild doing a new development, they found the remains of a farm’s long house from 871 in downtown. So the center was built around the archaeological dig below street level. The really nice interactive exhibits were in both Icelandic and English.

    Next we walked to the Art Museum, but we were just too tired to do six galleries. Both of us are feeling a bit under the weather...so quick walk for fish and chips and back to our room. All the restaurants are downtown and we are in the suburbs. We decided to try the local pool for a warm soak.
    Read more