Satellite
  • Day 8

    First day around Flinders

    June 18, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    Great day! Today I went to the inner city and it was gorgeous! It took a long time to get from east to the centre but it was all good eventually. While checking in using my Myki I saw this bloke hanging around. At the same time I noticed these girls not checking in (outrageous I know) I asked this fellow how often the officials would have check ups. He told me they rarely set foot on that tramline. I kept that in mind while I endeavoured to Flinders Street.

    A MERE FEW CENTURIES LATER, I finally arrived, and the city centre was at my own two feet.

    I walked about for just a tick to get a good general impression of the city. It looked stunningly beautiful. I walked past the bridge (which was equally stunning) to get a view of the Yarra, the river that floats upside down (because it's dirty). Having crossed the bridge, I quickly came across a museum; the national gallery of Victoria.

    I spent some time there, free of charge! They had great exhibitions, including a vast collection of European art. It was an impressive sight to behold.

    Afterwards I quickly paced through the city to obtain a glimpse of its vastness.

    Tomorrow I'll go for another round.
    Read more