Satellite
  • Day 7

    Corn Palace - Mitchell, SD

    June 23, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌬 72 °F

    Quinn's mission has been to find interesting things for us to stop and visit. He found a real winner with the Corn Palace! It is a multipurpose facility that hosts sports events, concerts and of course, tourists. According to their video, USA Today ranked it one of the top 10 venues to play high school basketball.

    The walls are decorated with artwork made of corn and other grain. The giant Willie Nelson made
    of corn out front was worth the trip! The pillars inside are decorated in tile work that looks like corn.

    They change the artwork every year. So, you could say that it is always under corn-struction! 🌽 Awwww shucks, that was corny. I can't stop, these comments just keep popping out...

    I didn't buy a corn on the cob. I know, I know, a missed opportunity. There was a young boy eating some corn on the cob with his grampa who was exclaiming into his phone, "He is eating corn, at the Corn Palace. Can you believe it!?!? Eating corn at the Corn Palace!" Apparently, I stumbled upon some catharsis in the making.

    Before we left, we made the kids take a picture with some giant corn. Such a good stop. Well done, Q!
    Read more