Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Hot in the Lion City!

    March 8, 2015 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Welcome to the next blog!

    This time T and I have jetted off sans-kiddies for 5 days just hanging around Singapore. Yes that means it might be party time in Bexley though I hear the spies are keeping a close eye on things with everyone except the Pope and the Queen checking up.

    We left Sydney on QF81 (an Airbus 330 for those who need to know) and a couple of movies later arrived in Singapore. First thing to note ... it is hot. Made our way through Immigration grabbed the bags and left - Customs consisted of a bored officer sitting at a door with a sign saying 'Nothing to declare'. Nothing like in the US.

    We grabbed a cab and $20 later were at the Hotel. This city is very green, lots of trees, flowers, and other greenery all very well kept. It also lives up to its reputation of being very clean. The Carlton Hotel is very nice and seems to be very central to everything.

    T and I went for dinner at a food court in the Raffles Centre which is across the road. A bowl of chilli beef or chicken was probably not the best idea but hey the locals were out in force so why not us.

    After dinner we went back to the Hotel and since it was happy hour we ordered 2 Singapore Slings from the bar. Very sweet and refreshing. After a walk around the block we called it a night.

    More tomorrow!
    Read more