Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Last Day

    December 28, 2013 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Saturday was our last day in Hawaii.

    In the morning we met up with some friends of Margaret's and had breakfast with them at the Hotel. They dropped us at Ala Moana shops for one last fix of retail therapy. We then headed back to the Hotel and the boys went for one last swim at the beach.

    In the evening we finally made it up to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We had tried to get there previously but there was a 60 to 90 minute wait. Every time we walked past the place it was seriously packed. This time we got there at about 4pm and only had a 1 hour wait - it was worth it. The food was good with huge servings and dessert was - of course - cheesecake!

    The restaurant actually burned down a year or so ago but you sure wouldn't know it. Really worth visiting.

    It was then back to the hotel to try and work out how we are going to fit everything back into our suitcases. Departure from the Hotel tomorrow is 8.30 am which is reasonably civilised but another 9 hour flight is not going to be fun.

    We have been very lucky with the weather. It has rained quite frequently but the showers last for about 3 minutes and then they are all over so it was nothing to slow us down.
    Read more