Satellite
  • Back to Perth

    August 10, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    The last day of our trip was an easy one. We had a late breakfast and went for a quick tour around Broome before being dropped at the airport for our trip back to Perth and the cool reality of winter.

    The Kimberley is beautiful but there are some pitfalls.

    - The distances in this part of the world are enormous, we travelled over 3,500kms (not including plane and chopper flights) on mostly gravel roads.
    - These places are difficult to access and unless you have local knowledge you’ll miss many of the highlights. Our tour guide Phil and driver JDub know this area well and took us to places and told us stories we would otherwise have missed.
    - While the Kimberley is growing in popularity as a tourist destination it is still pretty basic in some ways, it’s definitely not a 5 star travel destination.
    - Help is a long way away. Like I said many places in the Kimberley are remote and difficult to access so if something goes wrong you have to sort it out yourself or wait a long time for help.

    While many people don’t like going on organised tours and prefer to do it themselves I thought this tour was excellent, we saw everything we wanted to and lots more besides. Our driver JDub and tour guide Phil were excellent and really added value to the trip.

    And so ends another tour, catch you all next time!
    Read more