Satellite
  • Day 2

    Day 1 - At Sea

    October 30, 2018, Celtic Sea ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Our suite, 1001, is simply magnificent. Huge living and bedroom area with a good size bathroom. The balcony is massive with table, chairs and loungers. Complementary litre bottles of whisky and gin supplemented with champagne, fresh fruit and canapés.
    1st night was very calm but we both struggled to sleep. Up at 7.30 weather cold but sunny and had breakfast in the Avon restaurant. Very restrained and we both had muesli. Good chat with an elderly couple and then did a speedy 1 mile walk around the deck - 4 laps.
    10.00am to the gym. Ran for 20 mins and 10 mins on bike, J did 10 mins on bike and some Pilates.
    Quick shower and then to Neptune lounge for a talk about Bletchley Park. The start of a series of talks by Bob Horner ex Navy and GCHQ. Very informative.
    Up to The Marquee bar for drink and read before lunch.
    Weather has turned overcast and still quite cold, sea still calm.
    Lunch in Avon, buffet, salad for both of us.
    Went to talk at 2.00pm about flatter tums but was really about acid and alkaline levels. Absolutely fascinating. Don't drink coffee, coke, artificial sweeteners all very acidic. Booked to have our BCA - body composition analysis, done tomorrow at 12.00pm.
    3.00pm talk about Gran Canaria and Las Palmas.
    Sea turned to a swell and then the sickness kick in. J felt sick but wasn't, I was sick several times. No dinner , watch Die Hard film and sleep at 10.00pm.
    Read more