Satellite
  • Day 8

    Day 7 - Santa Cruz, Tenerife

    November 5, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Up early after an awful night. Coughing fit in the middle of the night, J had a bad belly which wouldn't go away.
    Breakfast was very light after yesterday's gorging.
    Coach for Teidi left at 8.30 and we wound our way thru the clouds to around 7000 feet. Very sunny and not as cold as we thought. Thick coats not required so far. Spectacular views of the coast and the volcano Teidi.
    Stopped at cafe for drinks and biscuits. Entered the crater which is 12 miles in diameter and over 40 miles round. It's like a lunar landscape up here. Very rocky with lots of black soil from previous eruptions. Got to the base of Teidi and what can you say. If you haven't been it's difficult to describe. Rising another 3000 feet out of the middle of the crater is Teidi itself. You can only get to the top en pied or by cable car. We did neither but the views are truly awesome. I don't think even our pictures can do it justice. Spent about 30 mins here and then made our back down thru the clouds and back to Santa Cruz.
    Lunch in the Palm was made in heaven for me. On the buffet they had fresh prawns, fresh mussels, lobster and amazingly - CRAB! I could not believe my eyes. It took me 3 visits to realise what they were serving. Fantastico! I forgot all about feeling tired and full of cold and just filled my boots. Time for an afternoon siesta!
    Some hope! Repairing the lift right outside our room been going on all day and is still going on as I write this at 6.30pm. On our balcony the noise from the port was horrendous so moved to the top deck and managed to get some sun and shut eye. Still feeling crap from my cold but at least J's belly ache has gone!
    Major complaint just gone into Guest Services about the noise of the repairs which have gone on all day and just stopped at 7.00pm. No notice given and having seen the extent of the repair this could go on for days. Waiting to speak to the manager.
    Had to go down to Guest Services as manager didn't call me back, ugh! Spoke to Laura who listened patiently to my rant. She did what should have happened initially and offered us another room to use whilst the work was being done. Simples!
    Dinner in Palm and then to Rock n Roll show Neptune which was very good and then to bed. Here we go again - see you in La Palma!
    Read more