Satellite
  • Day 23

    A Break in the Weather

    August 18, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today is our last day in Petersburg and thankfully the rain has let up at least temporarily. So after breakfast we hit the streets, hopefully to see as much as possible while the weather lasts.
    Of course by the time we entered downtown it was time for coffee and cake. Once refuelled we were off again and the rain was still behaving itself.
    We headed up the hill out of town to a look out that I had read gave good views back to town and of Frederick Sound. Well ...... that was before the trees grew. Nowadays it would be a lovely peaceful place in the sun, should it be sunny. But no views. So with no stunning vistas of the town or sound to be had we walked down to Sandy Beach and walked along the pebbles for a while.
    Returning to the downtown area, we visited the local museum, just a small museum with references to their Tlingit and Norwegian heritage. The short film, "The Town that Fish Built" or words to that effect was excellent. Love learning about the histories of the areas we visit. On exiting the museum, the brollies were back in action as surprise, surprise, the rain was back.
    Lunner once again at Salty Pantry
    Read more