Satellite
  • Day 30

    Downtown Juneau

    August 25, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌫 11 °C

    We saw the sun break briefly over the hills above us before the clouds and mists closed in again. The showers were back but not too heavy.
    Juneau, the capital of Alaska, is a small city spread out between the foreshore and the mountains that line the coastline. She is a wet city, possibly the wettest in Alaska and hence extremely green.
    Just around the corner and down the hill a little we found an organic supermarket. Yep that time again. New Airbnb means a grocery shop. One of the downfalls of travelling and doing your own cooking is that some of the essentials of cooking you are continually buying as it is too hard to take any leftovers along you. This is particularly so if you are not going to another for a while.
    So groceries out of the way we wandered down the hill browsing the many tourist traps in the old town to the harbour. We were able to jag tickets for Tracy Arm Fjord and Sawyer’s Glacier tomorrow with Adventure Bound. Nothing like leaving things to the last minute. Thankfully we made it by the skin of our teeth with just a few places left. Along the waterfront we came across a cute statue of the hound, Patsy Ann. Rather than repeating the story the plague relating it is in the photos.
    Read more