Satellite
  • Day 48

    It Had To Happen Eventually!

    September 12, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    She who never gets a cold or the flu is down and out with a case of the flu. Well not out but definitely not feeling myself. Fevers and a general not feeling up to anything much had me back on the bed after breakfast.
    Neil went out for a wander on his own. Always a worry as his sense of direction is not brilliant but he found his way back, thankfully.
    Neil offered to find a pharmacy to get me some tablets but I decided to go out with him. After we got some tablets we continued walking along Hastings Street East to Gastown.
    Hastings Street East is an eye opener. It is sad, very, very sad. It is the street along which the homeless and drug addicts congregate and the numbers are many. We witnessed people shooting up in the street without much attempt to hide what they were up too and there are a number of safe injecting rooms along this street but many don’t seem to be able to summon the energy to get there.
    All this is happening just around the corner from Gastown, the gentrified working class area that is now a big tourist attraction.
    We found a great vegetarian restaurant/bar then walked back home.
    Read more