Satellite
  • Day 112

    All About Anne

    November 15, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 3 °C

    Today I travelled back to my childhood and dragged Neil along for the ride (well he is the designated driver so he had to come along). One of my favourite books as a young girl was Anne of Green Gables. The farmstead and surrounding woods that were the inspiration for the setting are now a heritage place in The Prince Edward Island National Park. And the Anne books were the inspiration that urged me to see this island.
    We followed the Green Gables Coastal Drive along the Central North Coastline then looped back to Charlottetown. At Malapeque Bay we spotted a fox at the side of the road about to head into the woods. When we slowed he turned and came back towards us and sat down while Neil did his fox whispering through the window. He was magnificent not at all mangy like the ones I have seen at home.’
    On our return we walked downtown for dinner. Whilst looking for somewhere Neil spied The Socceroos on a TV screen through a window of The Churchill Pub. Of course we wandered in as it gave us a chance to catch last night’s winning game that put us through to the World Cup. Luck also had it that they had two for one curry night on tonight. Dinner sorted. The deal started at 5pm and within 15 minutes the joint was packed to overflowing. Had a great evening and met some lovely locals. The curry was good.
    Read more