Satellite
  • Day 125

    Better Late Than Never But ............

    November 28, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 2 °C

    The flight today was at gentleman’s hours so thankfully we didn’t need to get up early. We checked in and hoped for the best. And you can always be lucky! Those yesterday who were going straight to Halifax without a connector were put on a 1.30 flight yesterday afternoon and that flight was also cancelled - plane trouble again. Apparently tempers were a little frayed. Glass half full - it wasn’t us. Fingers and toes were crossed in silent prayer that all would be well today.
    The plane was delayed a little but we did get away and our connector flight in Halifax was on time. We arrived in Boston, collected our bags and were in a taxi on our way to our apartment in not time.
    The glass emptied completely however when we arrived at our apartment. I almost tripped over a broom and dustpan in the dark. Things did not auger well. The furniture was all pushed back on the walls, rugs were rolled and shoved under the furniture, dust covered many surfaces. The smell of fresh silicone or grout wafted through the apartment. I walked into the bathroom. A bag of new fixtures lay on the ground. I opened the shower recess - no shower rose or taps. Great! What now? We were tired and didn’t need this.
    To cut a long story short Domio came good with a few messages back and forth and responded to our needs quickly. If it was a private rental this would not have happened. The owner would have been on top of what was happening in his own apartment but this one was obviously agent run. Domio had another apartment available just around the corner a minute’s walk away.
    Unlike the original, the new apartment was not in the basement. Looking up. It was up another flight of stairs but beggars can’t be choosers. The replacement is a better option, more room, windows and a washing machine!
    Shower, cup of tea and bed!
    Read more