Satellite
  • Day 162

    French Quarter Walking Tour

    January 4, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 4 °C

    Armed with our French Quarter Walking Tour booklet we set off to explore the Quarter more thoroughly, learning more about the history of various landmarks, the architecture and points of interest along the way.
    I spotted Louis Armstrong Park as we were walking so we detoured to walk the park as well. It is not a big park but it is tranquil and pretty with some great statues of musicians dotted throughout.
    Resuming our walk we continued through the streets with Neil getting a little washboard rhythm tuition and on past La Laurie House. The house is rumoured to be haunted by groans, screams and the savage hissing of whips. It is believed that a daughter of the original owner mercilessly mistreated her slaves. There is quite a story to the house!
    From here we walked through the French Markets to B B King’s Blues Club for some lunch and music. Lunch was shrimp Po-boys and fries. While eating lunch Neil broke his left front tooth on a chip that got caught between his front teeth.
    It needed to be fixed as soon as possible or it could completely break off. I googled dentists and found one literally around the corner from where we are staying. The tooth was broken at 1pm and by 5 pm was fixed - expensive but most dental work like that is and the dentist worked on his tooth for 2 hours. It would have cost at least the same at home and the dentist did a great job.
    All’s well that ends well.
    Read more