Satellite
  • Day 58

    Beach time in Phú Quốc, Vietnam

    August 22, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ 28 °C

    After exploring some hectic cities, we found our way to southern Vietnam. We have arrived in Phu Quoc! It’s finally island time.
    We stayed at a beautiful resort, which was quite secluded. After talking about finally getting some sand and crystal blue water we started getting anxious after only a few days. Maybe we aren’t meant to relax! Just kidding, we figured out the formula. Breakfast + Beach + Lunch + Nap + Pool + Nap + Beach + Dinner = Success!
    Some highlights included, watching the crabs crawl against the shoreline, the tropical rain, swimming in the pool and the ocean, eating western food, (can’t always eat Vietnamese!).
    After spending some time at the resort, we moved closer to town and stayed at a bungalow. It was one of our favorite places so far, minus the night club that played music from the 2000’s with deep base pounding our very soul! But we were prepared, ear plugs to the rescue! We enjoyed the bungalows because they had a wonderful jungle theme, and an outdoor pool that was just outside our room. The staff was amazing and it was nicer to be close to town again.
    On our last day, we watched the sunset at the public beach, and took a stroll through the night market. We had already eaten pizza, so we just had coconut ice cream and rolled ice cream, and then more rolled ice cream. 
    Read more