Satellite
  • Day 11

    Williams AZ

    April 22, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Weather: 60s and beautiful

    States: Arizona

    Cities: Williams, Flagstaff

    Miles: 220

    Hours: 3 hrs 30 min (driving there, through, and back)

    Sites: Grand Canyon

    Restaurant:

    Hotel/Home: Lovely Little Log Cabin in Williams VRBO #1083110

    Movies:

    Audible: Resisting Happiness (get you thinking book- has a religious base- it is good)

    I am writing a day behind if you have not already figured that out. Once our days get busy and we aren’t driving, I lose writing time. Yesterday was our first full day in Williams at our cabin. It is really a lovely cabin. It has everything thing we need. I woke up before everyone, made my coffee and toast and sat out on the deck in the sun to write, have my coffee and enjoy the warm sun. Matthew is always my early riser so he came out with hot chocolate and sat with me. Eventually, everyone woke up. Paul made blueberry pancakes and bacon and everyone ate outside.

    I will say that these trips are not always perfect or don’t always go as planned (but most of the time they do, strangely). We were having some communication issues between us causing some friction. Teen angst. Parental ‘nagging”. Misunderstandings. So, last night before bed we ended up in a pow-wow to air our issues. We passed the peace pipe. Tears were shed. Somehow, Paul got his mail order Phd in psychology and was able to mediate the whole discussion. It needed to happen. That is what these trips are great for. Being in close quarters is a recipe for some aggravations but it gives us the opportunity to work them out and realize nobody has bad intentions. We are trying to teach them how to be good adults and they are trying to become those adults on their own. They have to fly and we have to let them. It ended well. Funny that a lot of it revolved around Elizabeth and I but we are never closer than on these trips. I always say that I love these trips because she hangs with me the whole time and holds my arm or hand everywhere we go. I love that. I am so proud of who these kids are becoming.
    Read more