Satellite
  • Day 6

    Ubud Green Hotel

    December 13, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    A late morning with Breakfast in room , massage by pool side before getting ready, packing up and leaving for Denpasar.

    The trip has been amazing where we got to see and experience a new culture which is so similar to our own but made us see things in a new light.
    Our driver/guide Juli was amazing. The fact that he was able to have a conversation in English made traveling around with him much more informative. We had snake fruit called Sala in Balinese for the first time, given by Juli on the way from Nusa Dua to Ubud. It was tasty and something new that we got to eat. He took us a to a couple of more places than our itinerary because we had some time left over. We spoke about Hindu Rituals, gods, festivals and Chanagi Sari in Bali and how different they are from India. He told us about general way of life of locals in Bali , the food they eat daily, their employment, nomenclature based on sequence of their birth, the mandate of donation to temples, how marriage works out there (love/arranged), how much the rental housing cost there. It was all a good insight into the local way of living in Bali.
    Read more