Satellite
  • Day 1

    Getting there

    May 3, 2019 in Wales ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    Got collected at 4:15 am, yes you read that right! 4:15 am .... the things we we do for travels.

    It being stupid o'clock, traffic was a breeze and the airport were fairly empty, we sped through security and settled in for the long trip to Wrexham. Our flight to Leeds was on time and uneventful, l as per usual I slept most of the way, the insomniac who sleeps like a baby on planes and trains with ease may I add... there is some irony in there somewhere.

    From the airport, we got a taxi to Leeds train station, then a train to Manchester where we changed train and headed to Chester and one last train change to get to Wrexham, (I did say we go to lengths for our travels).

    Once in Wrexham we walked around, it is a very pretty place and I could happily spend a couple of days here exploring, if we had the time, after quick bite to eat at the Crafty Dragon (don't ask) we made our way to the Hotel

    At the hotel:

    Catching up with everyone was great fun, the excitement for tomorrow's wedding can be felt by all and I don't think we have ever all been together at the same time before, at least not anytime that I could have been old enough to really remember.

    We had a lovely dinner, drank lots of gin and did NOT manage to have an early night ahead of tomorrow's wedding! Day one down let the holiday commence :)
    Read more