Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    City of Dreams

    February 2, 2019 in Macao ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Another huge mall full of Swiss watch stores. Apparently gambling makes people want to know what time it is *really* badly. Judging by this place, the less known and therefore apparently more exclusive the watch brand - the better, so long as there's a Swiss flag on it. Rolex was not doing well. Perhaps we'll have to start a new brand with just one expensive watch to sell - the Oisillons Time Piece!

    The best feature of this mall - it has the House of Dancing Water Theatre in it. Oh and random gold dragons all over the place, like this massive one sprawled across the ceiling in one of the atriums. Also other eccentric decor-playpark pieces, like a Giant Eldorado that was turned into a ball pit full of gold leather foam bricks instead of balls and quickly became Meg's go-to hang-out.

    We wanted to pause to have a nata and sing Happy birthday 🎂 to Mommy, but there are no seats in these malls and the place is so shockingly clean that no one was eating anywhere (surprised they let us in actually). We popped just outside one of the hotels to have a quick cake, but when the porter saw us he came over to tell us that the glass above our heads was faulty and we had to move - so we moved five feet and had some cake there. Next time he'll hopefully think of a better BS reason to move the vagrants on!
    Read more