Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 184

    Fun adventures at Killesberg park

    July 31, 2019 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Killesberg is a whole lot more than just a park! It covers a huge area, encompassing its own ride-on train, junior viewing tower, sprawling kids’ playground and plenty of open and wooded walking and picnic spaces for visitors young and less so. The park is bordered by shops and new-ish looking apartment complexes, all well-served by four U-Bahn lines. It offers a really refreshing break from the concrete jungle of the neighbouring Europaviertel area. Killesberg is appreciated by locals and tourists alike; we ran across plenty of older Stuttgart-based couples - even on the kitschy train ride - not to mention an advert for the Hoff’s next concert!

    The kids enjoyed the climb up the Turm, although Meg was a bit disappointed at its ultimate height compared to that of the Ulmer Münster we had climbed the previous weekend. The playground is probably what took the cake in the end though! While it was targeted at kids just a touch younger than Davy and Meg - the zip line, for instance, was deemed not fast enough to be worth waiting in line for - there was still a lot of fun to be had on a funky merry-go-round that was just perfectly sized for the two of them, as well as a one-of-a-kind stone station equipped with buckets, pulleys, sieves etc., where they co-defined a fascinating multi-stage stone handling process and took it through a few iterations.
    Read more