Satellite
  • Day 10

    Another day in NY City

    April 22, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    As if there were not enough special things here, the people of New York decided to create the High Line. The High Line is a former rail trail transformed now into an elevated (up in the air) "living system". It has approximately 2,4km and is situated in the western part of Manhattan. Trees, flowers and grass, places where you can sit and enjoy the sun, listen to live music...everything above the earth, in between the blocks and buildings of Manhattan.
    As today was a very warm day, we continued our outdoor activities by enjoying Central Park West. Part of it, of course, as it has around 3.4 km2. Once again, knowing it from so many movies, it felt so familiar even though I have never been there. Surrounded by all those high buildings it offers, like everything else in this „crazy“ town, incredible sights.
    The evening ended with us going into a small Jazz Bar (Cleopatra’s Needle) where we listened to great music, enjoyed the atmosphere and of course a glass of wine.
    Tomorrow will be the hottest day of our stay here. With the hope that it will be as great as the others, I am looking forward to it.

    http://www.thehighline.org/about
    Read more