Satellite
  • Day 18

    Vacation is about Dancing

    February 25, 2018 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Yay finally a flight! I am a girl who likes to fly versus taking buses. Salta to Buenos Aires is a short 2 hour flight. For a girl use to 12-15 hour flights, 2 hours barely gives me time to do the Sudoku puzzle in the In-flight magazine. For this flight I woke still feeling a little drunk (a lot drunk) from the night before. After the farm and 25 bottles of wine with 7 people we decided to go to a local bar. We also found the rest of the group on our walk to the bar. The walk home from the bar was a interesting task of herding cats or small children. We were back down to 7 people but all were going different directions. At one point we lost 2 to the super market for the weekly shopping they did not need to do. As the mama bear of the group I made sure that all made it back to the hotel.
    Buenos Aires rates as one of my favorite cities in the world. It is warm, it has amazing architecture, history and is safe. Our hostel was a bit of a walk but finally we found food. It was the traditional American hang over food of a McDonald's Big Mac. As the only American someone commented to me that Big Mac's in the states must taste so much better.
    The day was Sunday which is the day of the 10 plus block handi craft and antique market. 8 miles of walking for the day I think I got my steps in. After only being in Buenos Aires once before I was excited to be able to easily navigate the city. The main attraction I used to navigate is called 9 de Julio. This is the 25 lane highway that goes through the middle of the city. It is an entire block wide and luckily there are many pedestrian stopping area's so it is not as though you are playing the old Atarii game of Frogger. This a reference that very few of my fellow travelers would have known. With many of them being 20 and me at 38 this was the first time I could legitimately be the same age as their parents.
    The evening was filled with more beef, Argentine Tango lessons and the tango show. Tango lessons could be best described as bumper cars. As we all attempted our steps in pairs I believe there was more laughing and running into each other than dancing.
    The Tango show symbolized the end of the tour even though I had a few days extra in Buenos Aires by myself. It was a sad goodbye to a few of my fellow travelers, but to be honest not all.
    Read more