Satellite
  • Day 11

    Giardini Poseidon Terme

    May 16, 2019 in Italy ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    The Citera Beach south of Forio (end of Line 2) is very nice, resorts along it and then Poseidon at the end. It is quite large and a bit of a process getting organized - €10 deposit for bracelets, then need to rent towel (€4) and robe (€7) with a deposit for those (cash only for deposits). Quick salad and water in the self serve restaurant (€10,50, not a rip off) and then we went through the suggested route taking 2 hours to go from coolish pool, to a sauna in the rock grotto, plunge, and then increasing temperatures in the pools. Liked Arethrusa 36 C the best as it has a great view. The sauna was a feature — a cleft/cave in the mountainside that is a volcanic vent and the hot water runs under the benches and out beneath your feet.

    Gardens were lovely. Pathways quite safe, good handrails. Bring your own bottles of water with you if you go as there are no fountains around.

    Had to be certain to leave time for catching the bus but it was right on time for departure from just outside Poseidon. Pleasant ride back in time to look around Porto a bit and get on the ferry.

    A somewhat rushed but enjoyable day overall and now we know what Mediterranean islands look like. The Greek colour scheme is entering the environment as we saw more houses of white and bright blue trim on Ischia than anywhere else.
    Read more