Satellite
  • Day 3

    Singapore, Singapore

    December 14, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We arrived earlier than expected in Singapore at 7:35 instead of 7:50. We went through customs and had our fingerprints scanned. We collected out bags and went to find the MRT, Mass Rapid Transit. When buying the tickets at a machine I saw the panic in dads face when only one ticket came out instead of three, he calmed down after I pointed out that it said it is was 1 of 3 and the other would be printed out now. We went on the East West line to Expo where we changed to the downtown line and got off at bendemeer station. We walked the last 5 minutes to the hostel and when dad pointed it out mine and mums face dropped as we were looking at a small, squat, grey 2 story building amongst massive apartments blocks ( it turned out to be very nice and I would highly recommend). We dropped off our bags as we couldn't check in until 3 and headed towards little India. We didn't find little India in the end but had good fun wondering around the streets and ended up getting lunch at a small corner street food place. We had "famous" boneless duck rice which was in fact very nice. During our small exploration we spotted a small and on our way back we went inside to get food for tea. We found a small supermarket inside where I found 5kg bags of rice much to my enjoyment. We ended up buying a cooked chicken and a 1kg bag of rice and ate it back at the hostel.

    Figure 1: some traditional buildings infront if new ones
    Figure 2: the little red dot chill out area
    Figure 3: view from the plane as we flew in
    Figure 4: MRT station bendemeer
    Figure 5: MRT ticket
    Figure 6: notice from customs warning is not to smuggle drugs.
    Read more