Satellite
  • Day 84

    Luang Prabang

    June 15, 2022 in Laos ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    The first big stop in Laos was Luang Prabang, but before I tell something about the time there I have to talk about the way from the border.

    I arrived the 10.June in Laos (Houayxay) it was already dark outside and I was tired because the last night in Thailand was one of the worst ever.
    So I was searching a guesthouse with two other guys from the bus. After some minutes we fond one and booked a room for one day.
    Not the best room but ok, feels like I was the first tourist in 3 years. Maybe I was because Laos was closed for a long time because of Covid.
    The next day after I woke up I thought about what I can you, i had no idea so I just walked to the next bus station (8km walk) and decide to take the next bus that’s coming (doesn’t matter where the bus go)
    I bought a ticket for the bus to Luang Prabang, I had no idea what’s going on there but that was ok for me. 12 hours later I arrived in the middle of the night, first I want to sleep on the street but after asking some people I found a place in a guesthouse on the floor.
    For the next 3 nights I booked a hostel and the time there was really good, i really love it to be in a hostel. A lot of nice people, free breakfast and a pool table is all what I need 😂
    Five days before the hostel was closed but now it’s full, I am happy for the owner.

    After the first day in the hostel the next day I was with a big group of people at a waterfall. I think the best waterfall I ever saw (you can see that on the photos).🌿
    The rest of the time I was hanging out in Cafes, at the night market or in a bar.
    Thanks to two Chinese dudes for giving me a lot of alcohol and cigarettes. 🍻
    Read more