Satellite
  • Day 5

    Food City

    April 1, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Very little is open at 6 am except a few gem eateries. This is my second stop this morning for breakfast - how can I say no to food? #whatdiet

    This venue was tucked away in the basement of a shopping complex. The only reason I knew it was open was the light from a small window at the sidewalks edge.

    This stand only serves beverages, and an egg and toast breakfast (at least before 8 am). I got the combo for $3.90.

    The coffee is sooo good. Its sweetened with condensed milk from a can that makes it incredibly rich and thick. The toast is served with a sweet butter, and the eggs come soft boiled. Yes, soft. This was a surprise when I cracked it open and a delicious mass of poached-like goodness dropped on my plate. So much could have gone wrong.

    The eggs can be topped with soy or garlic salt. This sweet and salty combo is perfect for the morning - especially for under $5!

    I spent a good hour in this small food court today enjoying the food and watching the vendors trickle in to get their day started. Each vendor booth is set up almost buffet like for their product display, and their kitchens are almost fully visible to customers. Something about the smells and watching the food preparation process was very, very comforting.
    Read more