Satellite
  • Day 19

    Vigo to Redondela

    June 1, 2018 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    While we were having breakfast at the hotel which was next to tasteless, we could see the sky's opening up. Our thoughts were we had to walk in that. Grin and bear it ladies, we are pilgrims you take the good and the bad. One could always pray, and hope we are heard. So after a glass of freshly squeezed O.J. and a cup of tea, and a prayer to the one above we were on our way. By now the rains had settled down to a drizzle, and after 10.00 minutes or so it was completely gone. We were heard!. As a side note the last thing we do before we leave our accomodation is to say a prayer, and we take it in turns to do this.

    We were on a roll in getting stamps now. Today I think we got 5. Impressive. I have only one more page and my passport is completely full. I either need to get another passport, and if not do it over some of the printed matter on the back of the passport. Will cross that bridge when I come to it.

    The journey today was climbing but it was all the way a gentle climb. We were just walking round the entire port of Vigo for miles. It is a large port, and seems to go on for miles. When we first saw the view of the harbour and the port as we were walking it looked great. But as we kept walking the view just got better., yet it was the same view basically.

    We stopped for a shoe shopping break, and then off again. We went to a church and for a change it was open and there were people in it. As we knelt to pray a gent came up and asked if we wanted a stamp in sign language. Of course we did, we had been going to ask, I think the gent was a priest. So that was great. We are told the staff at Santiago de Compostella like pilgrims to have stamps from churches. One yesterday, one today we are on a mission.☺

    Then we were walking past a taverna and a dog was playjng with two people, and we stopped to watch. A old lady came out and asked if we wanted a stamp. Yes! We are on to it. A cranberry drink and some nachoes with it, and we were on our way.

    Photos a galore, walking through a forrest, a beautiful glade, a small but very cute water fall, and now two very hungry pilgrims wanting some lunch and not a taverna to be seen. Then there is a sign to say 500 meters to a bar. Yes !!!!!

    Well it was not just 500 meters, but it was up a very steep climb. If you were not hungry you would be by the time you got to the top. But the food and the service was worth it. I ate the biggest pasta bowl in my life, and Shyama did justice to a baguette which was a foot long. ( Of course we shared each other's food).

    The distance today was 16kms and finding our accomodation was a bit of an issue, but we got there. We are both of the mind to get some bread and noodles and have it the apartment.

    My body is starting to feel the ache of non stop walking for the last 2 weeks. 12 days straight on the Camino, and two days prior to that in Porto , not to mention the plane journey and the side trip to Poland. Come the morning your back on the road, and actually looking forward to what's on for the day. We met a lot of pilgrims while having lunch at the taverna, 6 cyclist came along, but after lunch when we were walking we met so many cyclists and walking pilgrims, including a young girl from Australia.

    The main photo is me getting the blood back from my legs to the rest of my body. Coming down the steep hill was hard on the knees. The elevation was 240 meters and we came down some very steep steep parts to get back to sea level. Also in the pictures you see how still the water in the harbour is. It was like a painting at times.

    A big thank you to all of you who comment, post, like etc. As that makes it a two way communicatuon and everyone who know's me, know what an introvert, actually quite, shy person I am.🤗.
    Read more