Satellite
  • Day 24

    Caldas do Reis to Puentecesures

    June 6, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Today the Camino walkers other wise known as Shyama and Sonali were up early, sorted, feasted on breakfast of fried eggs and garlic mushrooms, and we were on our way.

    Google was saying 14 kms, but by now we know to add on 3 to 4 kms more. And by the time we got to our hotel it was 18kms. But to be honest it was more a leisurely stroll. There were hills to climb and dales to walk through but it was preety, soothing to the mind and soul. Met the 2 kiwies from Auckland when we were stopped at a way side joint to have lunch. I call it a joint as it was not a taverna, and neither was it a cafe. Met an American gent, a German gent and a Croation gent who was very keen to have a photo with us. Met more German ladies too. I think the Camino has more walkers from Germany than any other country. Marita why are you not here.

    We checked into our hotel by 2.45 or so, now it's siesta time, not sure if one should join them if you cannot beat them. Or else just go for a nosey round the town. Seems to have a huge industrial building with smoke or steam coming out. Need to see what that is all about. Went and checked it and it is a wood mill on the other side of the river, and a Nestles factory on this side if the river.

    In order to jinx the rain, I wore my wet weather pants, and you guessed it no rain, not a spot, not a drizzle not a drop. Will try the same philosophy and see if reverse psychology is going to do the trick tommorrow as well. This part of Spain is known as Galicia. And apparently 90% of the time it rains. Home away from Home!!!!!.

    Shyamas leg started hurting on the top of her foot about 5 kms before the end of the journey. She is going to rest it this afternoon and evening, and hopefully all will be well in the morning. She has decided not to take any medication, will decide whats happening tomorrow based on how she feels in the morning.

    Included is photo of my Camino passport all stamped up. On to my second passport now. Bragging rights.🤗.

    The last photo is a grain store house that most homes seem to have. This is a small one compared to some others we gave seen on our travels. Their built of the ground in the gardens of most stand alone homes.

    For now adios amigos.
    Read more