Satellite
  • Day 25

    Puentecesures to Milladoiro

    June 7, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Our penultimate day. Tomorrow we reach Santiago de Compostella. God willing.

    Me trying to jinx the whether did not work today. Mice and man and God and plans!!!!.

    Last night the dinner was the worst we have had on the walk. But it looked as if the people on the next table had it worse. The hotel had a skeleton staff which was a receptionist cum waiter times 2. But moving on......

    Today was wet, overcast and set for the day by the looks.we walked 21 kms with the last 1.5 being the only time the whether let up. The rest of the day it drizzled, rained and was a pain. But you learn to take the good with the bad.

    Today we passed Padron. This is believed to be the place where St James Body was brought through to go to Santiago. It was very meaningfull to see the church and the stone known as Pedron ( the stone to which the boat which was carrying the body of st James was tied too) under the alter of the church. The city apparently got its name from this stone. Coming into the city we passed a market where you could get a stamp on your passport. It had fresh fish crabs the biggest have ever seen, meat, salted fish of every kind. Yum.

    Tonight we are just 8kms from our final destination. Yepeeedo. We are staying at another very nice place. I had booked this is a treat. After all our hard walking I believed in rewarding ourselves. When Shyama decided to join me I just changed a single room to a twin room. Most places that I had planned to stay were on the way of the Camino walk. This one and one other place were the only two places that we had to de tour fro the Camino way. But I later found out that we were only approximately 500 mters from the Camino route to come here. We just came of the Camino way too early today. Should have just kept to the Camino Path as my gut told me too. No harm though just a bit longer. But not as if I had to cook dinner.
    Passed a place where pilgrims could dip their weary feet and cool down after all the walking. Was nice.

    Talking of dinner mmm...... it was absolutely fantastic. The food was par excellonce. The ambiance, the service, my only regret is I am not here for longer.😀. Good job Colin does not pay the bills or see the credit card statements. He leaves it to the accountant. 🤔🤗

    Till tomorrow
    Read more