Satellite
  • Day 7

    Day 7/72 Water parkin

    November 3, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We spent today at a water park just outside Chiang Mai. The weather was absolutely stunning- blue skies and 35 degrees so we needed some water to cool off in. Grand Canyon Water Park was a huge quarry that kept flooding, so they filled it with water and made a water park with huge cliff jumps, climbing walls over the water, trampolines 15ft in the air, inflatable obstacle courses and a small wake park. We ended up racing along the obstacles, falling in the water more often than not, while Thai lifeguards tiptoed around us putting everyone to shame.

    We splashed around until lunch, where we got chips and burgers from the cafe on site, then headed over to the wake park to get some wakeboarding in. A good few hours and a good few falls later we were exhausted, battered, bruised and thoroughly content, and the we headed out as the park was closing at 1800.

    Catching a taxi back into town, Tom decided to pretend to be in a music video and pose at the back of the taxi watching the sunset (pictured below).

    This evening we headed back to the night Bazaar for a night of eating pad Thai, steak and way too many roti, listening to bands play the didgeridoo(!) and make it sound really quite musical.
    Read more