Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 13/72

    November 9, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    We woke up early this morning and got our transfer to the harbour at 7am to get the ferry to Koh Phi Phi. We thought we had got great seats on the front of the top deck of the ferry, and were quickly proved wrong when we were surrounded by a huge family who stood right in front of us, around us, occasionally on the backs of our chairs and with long dresses which blew straight into our faces... Oh well!

    The island was hot, and we both got sunburnt on the boat unfortunately- cloud and wind so we didnt think about sun cream! We arrived at the stunning island, the crystal sea and white sand beaches and dramatic mountains, and made our way to the hostel. The man who owns it was incredibly helpful, drawing all over our map with where to go, what to eat, do and see, and the exact distances to places. After putting our stuff down we went and got pizza and pasta for lunch from a recommended place, then headed to Long Beach after purchasing some snorkels and masks from Baracuda diving shop.

    The beach was lovely, water was warm, and we snorkeled following angel fish, rainbow fish and plenty of others around for a few hours. We even found an eel, which we might have been slightly too close to as it kept snapping its teeth at us... Then we both accidentally took a nap on the beach.

    After waking up feeling a bit more refreshed we went for a very sweaty walk up the hillside, through v local rugged Koh Phi Phi to a view point, which was incredibly busy with tourists trying to get the perfect selfie. We then went out for dinner, pineapple rice, and headed to a fire show, which is when the heavens decided to open and everyone got drenched, which isn't good for a fire show.

    Tomorrow we have a boat trip around the islands booked!
    Read more