Satellite
  • Day 18

    Fiji

    March 9, 2018 in Fiji ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Here I am in Fiji arrived yesterday after the usual drama which follows me around! ...I get to Perth airport very early after already checking in for my flight on line to Fiji earlier in the day , the check In Lady was tapping away for ages as they do & finally said sorry but your not on this flight ! .... my heart sank as with all these flights I’ve booked it would have been an easy mistake to have made an error with something .... I showed her my email confirmation of the block booking I did with all my flights but I had used a company called Opodo which I hadn’t used before so was really nervous , however after a further load of tapping ( I used to work on check In at Cardiff Airport years ago & don’t remember having to write an essay to check someone in !) she finally says ah got you , it’s your surname ...it’s in a different place as it’s double barrelled ! 🙄🙄🙄she then weighs my case & at 26 kgs I though ah good I’m 4 under as I had paid for 30 Kgs with the flight over from Bali to Perth with jet star, she says no our maximum is 23 kgs by now I’m getting pissed off as if that was me I would have said nothing after telling me 5 mins ago I wasn’t on the flight !
    She said Go & take something out ....I said can I just not pay the excess baggage ? ....she glared at me & tapped away again & said 70 dollars ( £30 ) she then had to do a load of paperwork so I’m glad I inconvenienced her !
    So well done Virgin Australia you are shit !
    No in flight entertainment and you have to pay for everything on board .....finally arrive In Fiji & my driver was actually here! There was a kerfuffle as he simply couldn’t believe I was travelling alone 😂off we drive in to the most beautiful green countryside but OMG the biggest shithole ever ! I’ve been to the slums of Nairobi which are supposed to be the poorest in the world but these people are living like cavemen .
    We get to the shangri la & I must say it’s very basic ! I do appreciate where I am in the world but in comparison to Bali which is another third world country, but the 5 * hotels there really are 5* ...here is like a 3* so good job I did book the shangri la and not the Hilton doubletree ! ( I can hear Debbie Stothert laughing at this ) 😂😂. The marketing people have done an amazing job on booking .com at photographing this place, it is beautiful don’t get me wrong, there’s a lagoon all around the hotel with starfish & coral reef etc for snorkelling but the rooms are like 1970 style very basic....I was exhausted so went for a sunset cocktail £8 ( they haven’t kept the prices in line with the 1970 decor !! ) and went to bed & watched coronation street on my iPad ...in Fiji ....😂😂😂😂was asleep about an hour and the phone rang in my room which is the other side to my bed, by time I got there it had stopped so I was awake then...not the best start but I finally took sleeping tablet & had 12 hours sleep & feel fine this morning. We are 12 hours ahead here, I’m currently having breakfast overlooking the Pacific Ocean & the lagoon it’s very beautiful .
    Read more