Satellite
  • Day 20

    Day 18 - Here comes the sun...

    May 29, 2016 in Sweden ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    So we woke up in another cosy cabin, wrapped in our sleeping bags as we were on the budget end and so no bedding was supplied (still, better than a tent in the rain). Unfortunately I seem to have developed a cold, probably from cycling through heavy rain in soaked clothes two days earlier. But it's nothing that a couple of painkillers and a coffee couldn't beat.

    Still, it was a slow start as the mind was willing but the body was lacking a bit. We were heading back on ourselves a bit, as we realised that we had gone of the 'Sun Route' by about 15km. So we left Vegby and passed some familiar features before arriving in Ulriceham once again, where we stopped for lunch (it was a slow start in all ways).

    After that, we were heading for Boras and, once again, it was along pristine cycle path. This time we got to enjoy forest views rather than rural farmland and we were flanked by a mass of pine trees and fir trees for most of the trip.

    We weren't alone on the path though. It seems as we are getting further South we are becoming lass of an oddity, as we are now just 2 of many cyclists on the go. We have also seen plenty of cross country skiers on the path, pushing themselves along wearing modified in-line skates for Summer training. Not something you see in the UK!
    Read more