Satellite
  • Day 85

    So much for "No Cheese"

    December 23, 2015 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    I have such a weakness for pizza.

    Not far from where we're staying, "Bella Blu" offers an all-you-can-eat pizza deal for $R27.90 (about $10 CAD) on Mondays to Thursdays after 6 pm. It's marginally more on Fridays and weekends. This really is a great deal since the price for just one pizza is normally about $R40.

    I'd been resisting and resisting eating pizza till I could resist no more...

    The all-you-can-eat pizza works a little like a churrascaria but instead of meat, the waiters come by offering you slices of different pizzas. There was a surprising variety of pizzas on offer even discounting those with meat toppings. None of the pizzas were vegan though, due to the generous use of cheese. I think I must have tried 7 different pizzas including one with palm hearts. I picked the ham off the Portuguesa pizza that came with mozzarella, tomatoes, onions and quail eggs. My favourite was the one with arugula and sun dried tomatoes.

    Then came the dessert pizzas... oh my. The one with coconut and condensed milk was amazing, only to be outdone by the one topped with mozzarella, banana and cinnamon. I would never have thought to add mozzarella with banana but boy, it really worked.

    The crust on the pizzas were nice and thin and I prayed my gluten relief pills would do the trick.

    I admit though that Roch and I both suffered the next day with bad bellies... I mean really bad bellies... from too much cheese... argghh!
    Read more