Satellite
  • Day 50

    Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede

    August 22, 2017 in Northern Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Snapshot
    Where - Coastal Route Northern Ireland
    Weather - fine
    Steps - almost 19,000 or 12km and a massive 101 floors

    Finishing off our journey along the Coastal route of Northern Ireland saw us taking in the sights of Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge and the well known Giants Causeway. We thought that each place would only require about an hour to explore each place... but we were Oh so wrong! Even though they are only a few miles apart, the crowds meant we had to purchase a ticket and wait for our time slot to cross the bridge, and also for the Giants Causeway we really found it difficult to find a park.

    Both places also required a lot of walking including a lot of steps, hence the 101 floor equivalent we climbed today. However, despite all this, the scenic beauty was magnificent and well worth the effort (even if I did lose my balance on the causeway steps and ended up in a little puddle, hurting only my pride). Some of these places are also used in the filming of Game of Thrones, but as I don't watch this show, I'm not really sure.

    It started raining so we decided to give Londonderry a miss and headed to our accommodation. Heading towards Belfast in the morning.
    Read more