Satellite
  • Day 14

    Victoria Falls

    October 6, 2019 in Zambia ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    Flew from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls, on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Passing through passport control to get our Visas was horrendous, standing in a queue that moved at snails pace while they manually wrote out a visa for each person Took a couple of hours.

    Visited the falls on the Zimbabwe side before going to our accommodation on the Zambia side. The falls are nice but not as spectacular as the Iguazu falls in Brazil. The Avani hotel is very nice and we were actually able to have a full relaxing day with nothing planned until the sunset cruise in the evening.

    We tackled the local market which was an experience in itself. Each shop owner said they handmade each item... but strangely they all looked the same. Oh well, picked up a few bits and pieces. We were happy, they were happy. Had a quick swim then the cruise where drinks were unlimited and a variety of nibbles provided. Very pleasant and the sun set was exceptional.

    Before leaving the resort we checked out the sister hotel Royal Livingstone and on the way back a staff member asked if we had seen the giraffe. He got us to stand up by a feeding tray while he fed them pellets. Fantastic and unexpected experience.
    Read more