Satellite
  • Day 2

    Hola de nuevo Santander

    September 7, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Wow, what a quick flight to Bilbao! We were half an hour early and didn't even leave on time. Not that I am complaining!! The shorter the plane ride, the better.

    Yesterday I had booked a bus seat from Bilbao to Santander through internet for 19:45, which was the next one available. However, when I got to the bus station in Bilbao, it turned out there were still seats left on the 6 o'clock bus. So, I arrived in Santander at around 8. It was a great bus ride, because I got to see some of the places and beaches I walked by last year.
    Recordar es vivir 😁.

    When I got to Santander, I found my Hostel quickly, because I already knew more or less where it was located. Santander is such a beautiful city, and I arrived just as all the locals were out on the streets. The old ladies sitting on the benches, people walking their dogs, the kids playing in the park, people grabbing a terrazza, love it!!

    I was pretty hungry, so after checking in I went to the same italian restaurant I had gone to last year. Why no tapas you wonder??? Well..... I will probably eat tapas , queso manchego, tortilla, jamon, aceitunas.......
    So I opted for el Italiano and had a vegetarian lasagna! It was fantastic!

    Tomorrow the plan is to take the train to Barreda and start walking. I am taking the train because the walk out of Santander is supposed to be hopi ugly and only asphalt, so I am skipping it, so I will have more time left for other places.
    Hasta luego 😘
    Read more