Satellite
  • Day 8

    Reborn

    September 13, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Ok, so I skipped an update yesterday and with good reason...... My worst nightmare came true 😳😳😳😳 Ok maybe not my worst but definitely up there........ BED BUGS!!!

    I was preparing to leave the albergue in Serdio yesterday morning and while packing, I noticed something crawling on my underwear...... So I immediately sqooshed it and it gave off blood ... Eeeuw...... But I didn't know what bed bugs looked like so I looked it up on google.... Jaaaaaa hooooor, that was a bed bug, hopi gross, but it was only one so....... Pfffff .... WHen grabbing my pants I saw another one, sqooshed that bugger too, again.... Pats..... Blood. Ughhhh

    Ok, by now, I was completely paranoid and my main aim for the day was to find somewhere I could wash my clothes and find a farmacia where I could buy spray for my mochila.
    Unfortunately I wasn't passing through any big towns yesterday....... So chances of finding an albergue or hotel with washing machine were slim........

    After about 12 km walking and worrying, I walked by a house on the camino that said albergue Renacer, so I thought let me just pop in and see if they have any advice, because I thought for sure they wouldn't accept me staying there with my chinches.

    While I walk up the stairs, a woman opens and greets me. I explain what had happened and she said, no problem, I will help! Wow, she took all my clothes put them in a plastic bag to wash and alsoput my backpack in a bag and sprayed it with the stuff that I had bought.

    Later, while waiting for my clothes to wash and dry, more pilgrims arrived, all spanish. When my clothes were dry I finally put something on and at 8:30 dinner was served.

    It was a home cooked meal, prepared by my bed bug saviour Maria Del Pilar and we ate together at the dinning table. It was gezellig.

    This morning when I left the house, I felt like I was reborn! The name for this albergue, could not have been more fitting 😁😁😁
    Read more